How to choose the best Tequila for your Margaritas?
Well, with the summer heat exhausting all of our energy, we sure need a great energy drink. So, if you are missing clubbing the way we are, then let's mix a few ingredients and make a refreshing chilly Margarita! What? Do you think it takes a professional bartender to make this? Well, we got you covered. Now, you don't need lots of expensive and fancy products to make the #1 cocktail. All you need is a Chilly Margaritas mix from Drinktales, nearly 60 ml water, some ice cubes, the best tequila, and Voila! And with a side of country or jazz music, it is sure a rejuvenating treat!
The trick here to make the best Margarita is to choose the right tequila. Well, there are plenty of options, and only the best ones give you the perfect taste. So let's start with the basics of choosing the best tequila for your Margarita!
Types of tequilas available in the market
- Tequila Blanco- This type is not aged. It has a spicy finish with notes of citrus and pepper. This one has the strongest agave flavor.
- Tequila reposado- This one is aged between 1- 12 months, predominantly in Oak barrels. This one is rather smooth when compared to Blanco. It has a subtle blend of Vanilla, Oak, and Caramel.
- Tequila añejo- This one is the most aged. It is usually between 1-4 years. It tastes richer and has notes of Vanilla and Cinnamon. This one is best enjoyed when consumed directly without mixing it in cocktails.
Okay, so with this sorted, let's look at the tequilas that are best suited for your Margarita!
What to look for-
- Always look for '100% agave' on the bottle. Even though no tequila is 100% agave, this indicates that the tequila has the maximum agave content.
- Go for mid-ranged tequilas. Yes, the price range of tequilas is based on their quality. High-priced tequilas are premium and taste delectable when savored alone. As for cheaper tequilas, well, let's it is better to keep them aside. When it comes to mid-ranged tequilas, they are of good quality, and they mix well in your cocktails.
- The Tequila Blanco is the best tequila for Margarita since it has a spicy overtone and a strong agave flavor. Apart from that, you can also go for the Reposado, it is not as spicy and strong as the Blanco, but it blends well too!
- Silver tequilas are also a good choice.
- When it comes to gold tequilas- Reposado, añejo, and extra añejo work wonderfully. It is better to sip the latter two directly.
Some popular tequila brands available in India-
- Sauza Tequila
- Jose Cuervo
- El Capo
- Don Angel
- Don Julio
- La Chica
The tequilas from these brands will surely give you fine company when mixed with our zesty cocktail mixers. So, now that we have The Chilly Margarita mix by Drinktales and the best tequila for the Margarita, let's make some- simply pour the contents of the pack into a glass, add 60 ml of tequila and the same amount of water, chill it up with some ice cubes and Bon appétit!
DrinkTales is the best partner for some Cocktail Extravaganza at Home!
Also, if you have been missing your clubbing days amidst the ongoing pandemic and want to indulge in some great cocktails, check our website. We have a range of Cocktail mixes that will add spark to your monotonous routine! Are you ready for a Cocktail Extravaganza with DrinkTales!